40 Questions to Ask Yourself As You Wrap Up This Year
I’m big on reflection! I love to look back at the year and ask myself different kinds of questions to see where my life went. Did I do all the things that I wanted to do this year? Was I pursuing things that made me happy? Was I being true to myself? Here are 40 questions that you should ask yourself before the year is over! Get a pencil and a notepad!
- What does self-love mean to me?
- Did I exhibit self-love and self-care to the best of my abilities this year?
- What will I do in the coming year to ensure that I’m taking care of myself?
- Did I check-in with myself in times of sadness, depression and anxiety?
- What did I do to check-in with myself? Did these methods work? Why/why not?
- Did I ensure that I set boundaries for myself and others? Did I ensure to keep up the best level of self-care possible?
- If my self-care routine is solid, what will I do to maintain this routine?
- I feel the best when I _____________.
- Am I around others who respect my need to take care of myself?
- What does self-care look like for me in the next five years?
- What are some new relationships that you made this year that you cherish? Why?
- Are there any relationships that may need some evaluation?
- What did you do this year to keep the relationships that you value in tact?
- Who do you speak to when you need to laugh, cry, talk? If you feel you're alone, what will you do to change that?
- Are you willing to make changes in the people around you to fit your self-care necessities?
- Which relationships make you feel most alive? Supported? Important? Valued?
- Which relationships make you feel depleted?
- Are there any relationships that need mending?
- What will you do differently next year to cultivate and keep relationships that matter the most?
- What is the most special and important relationship that you have?
On Career & Money
- Are you happy in your career?
- What is your dream career? If you’re already in your dream career, what would you do to things even better next year?
- If you’re not in your dream career, what is stopping you from doing so?
- What makes you most happy about the work that you do?
- Can you see yourself in your career in the next five to ten years? Do you want to be in your field that long?
- Are you happy with your money situation, whatever it may be?
- What could you do to better your finances?
- Do you have money goals set for the next year?
- Do you have a budget set up for next year? Do you have a plan to stick to it?
- What are your account balances? Get a notebook out and write down the year’s ending balance and what you would like for it to be next year.
- How many trips did you take this year?
- If you didn’t take as many as you would have liked, why not?
- What was your biggest takeaway from the year?
- What are your top three goals for next year and what are the dates that you want to have them done by?
- How will you execute these goals?
- What made you most happy this year?
- What made you most sad?
- How are you spending New Year’s Eve?
- What are your New Year’s Resolutions? How will you stick to them?
- What do you want most for 2018?
What are some other questions that you like to ask yourself before the end of the year?