Five Essential Oils You Need In Your Life
~Guest Post from Carley Schweet~
Open up your Instagram and you’ll see them, they’re everywhere. Essential oils have recently become quite the popular self-care tool, especially for the woman who is hoping to naturally improve her wellness. From helping to relieve anxious feelings to creating a skin-care routine that leaves you glowing, essential oils can help you with just about anything. I’m convinced these are tools that need to be in the back pocket of every millennial girl.
Before you read any further, it’s super important to note that not all essential oils are created equal. The oils mentioned below are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade, meaning they’ve been tested and tested again for 100% purity and do not contain any harmful fillers or toxins commonly found in some store-bought oils.
Trust me, you want to make sure you’re only buying from a brand you know and can trust. Why? Because essential oils are not regulated and companies can label oil bottles as 100% pure, even if they’re not! You don’t want to be applying unknown chemicals or toxins to your face, or even worse, ingesting them. You can read more about how to get your hands on Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils at the bottom of this post.
So, what can essential oils do for you? Check out the top five essential oils I believe every woman needs to have on-hand at all times.
1) Melaleuca, also known as tea tree oil, is a natural antiseptic oil is great for those pesky breakouts that tend to pop up when we least expect it. Just a drop can help to dry out and clean the inflamed area, allowing your skin to heal on its own and get back to its natural beauty.
Melaleuca is also known for its cleansing properties, which makes it a great addition to your face mask, face cream, or skincare routine.
2) Lavender is most well-known for its power to relax and relieve stress. Yes, a few drops on the bottoms of your feet will send you into a sleepy bliss, but I love it for its powerful anti-inflammatory and calming properties. When it comes to your skin, simply 2 drops of lavender with 4 drops of fractionated coconut oil or jojoba oil and apply to red and irritated areas. Think post-shaving irritation, itchy spots, rashes, etc.
Add a few drops of lavender to your next Epsom salt bath and soak up the calming and relaxing goodness.
3) DigestZen® is a special blend of oils designed to assist in all things digestion. This is an oil I do not leave home without, especially while traveling. If you’re prone to the occasional upset stomach or digestive issues, the special blend of ginger, fennel, and coriander helps to aid in stomach discomfort, while peppermint, tarragon, anise, and caraway help to aid with digestion. See why this is something I never leave home without?
To help your stomach, simply apply 3-4 drops of DigestZen® to your abdomen and rub in completely in a clockwise motion. The clockwise direction helps to encourage digestion and will totally save your stomach from any unwanted discomfort.
4) Lemon is one of my all-time favorite oils – it is inexpensive but super powerful, especially when it comes to assisting the body in cleansing itself. Just a few drops of certified pure therapeutic grade lemon essential oil in your morning water can help to boost your metabolism and cleanse unwanted toxins from your body.
I love to add three drops of lemon and 1 Tbsp. of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar to 12 ounces of fresh, filtered water before I eat my breakfast. It’s a great way to get the body’s systems in motion after a night of rest.
5) Frankincense, also known as the King of Oils, is one of the most coveted and powerful essential oils to exist. Every woman should have this oil on-hand! This beautiful oil has been proven to regenerate damaged cells, which makes it an amazing choice to add to your skincare routine – think anti-aging and anti-inflammatory – to leave you with the fresh and dewy skin you’ve been searching for.
Frankincense is also one of the strongest anti-inflammatory essential oils available, making it great for minor aches and pains, immune system support, and overall emotional maintenance.
These five essential oils are just the beginning of the support you can receive with incorporating all-natural and powerful essential oils into your daily routine. My skin has never looked better, my emotions are now more manageable, and I’m able to destress after a long day without reaching for another glass of wine or spending money online shopping on things I don’t really need.
If you’re curious to learn more about how CPTG® essential oils can enhance your self-care and overall wellness you can learn more in the link below.