Five Ways To Detox Your Body
*This post is a guest post by Kym Jordan. You can find her blog at www.lavenwild.wordpress.com.
Every once in awhile we need to flush out toxins from our body. This blog post will help you detox your body. Detoxing your body helps your immune system make it easier to lose weight, and help you fight against infections. Your liver flushes out the waste in your body, but it is good every once in a while to help it out.
1. One way to detox your body is to swish coconut oil in your mouth for twenty minutes before brushing your teeth. After your twenty minutes is up spit it out rinse your mouth with water and then brush your teeth. I like to swish coconut oil in my mouth once a week first thing in the morning, and then brush my teeth. Why you should do this is because it gets all the gross bacteria stuck in your mouth so that you don't eat it while swallowing food.
2. Drinking ACV. ( Apple Cider Vinegar) Make sure you have a good brand of ACV I use Braggs. Just take one teaspoon of ACV and if you'd like for it to taste better mix with one cup of water and lemon.Usually, I don't add lemon to my ACV but I do add water so that it is not so strong.
3. Drink more water. Water has so many health benefits! I can even see changes in my skin from drinking more water! If you don't already drink enough water you can download a water app to track your water. I use Plant Nanny it's a really cute water tracking app where you grow plants you can find you like. Usually, they will ask you questions such as how much do you weight, how active are you, etc. Those questions are to calculate how much water you should be drinking. You can also try infusing fruit in your water, (I haven't tried that yet) or add chia seeds and lemon like I'm doing today.
4. Eat more seeds. Flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, etc all benefit you in different ways! I’m not going to go through all the benefits because there are so many but here are some ideas of what to do with seeds; You can add seeds to your water, you can put them in your smoothies, you can eat seeds as snack, you can mix them in yogurt, and you can mix them in cottage cheese.
5. Drink smoothies. I love smoothies because they are so versatile! There are so many different combinations. I also love them because you can prepare them the night before you make them. For instance, I like to cut up fruit or veggies the night before so I can save time later making my smoothies. If your not really a smoothie person you can try making juice. Make sure to check out my peanut butter smoothie recipe below!
2 TBSP of Peanut Butter (Or other nut butter of your choice.)
1 TBSP Of Plain Yogurt
1 TBSP of Chia seeds
1 cup (or to your liking) of water (milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc)
1/8 Cup Of Raisins (Optional)
A Dash Of Cinnamon
Add all the ingredients to your blender, except for the cinnamon and raisins.
Blend Until all ingredients are blended.
Pour into a cup and sprinkle the cinnamon and rains on top.
Drink it up
I love how the smoothie is sweet and spicy. It's great if your detoxing but want a dessert. Bye for now!
Hope you enjoyed this blog post I also hope that it will benefit you